Sunday, June 28, 2015

Review of Ideashop® Diagnostic Tools ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 ELM 327 Auto Vehicle Car Scan Tool

We used this one my ford 500 and it worked very well. It was easy to plug in. The port was right underneath the steering wheel. To make it work, you do have to download an app to your phone. To find one go to your app store and type in OBD2. There are many different apps that will pop up, some free and some you have to pay for. Next plug this into the port while your car is turned off. Once plugged in turn on your car. Open the device on your phone (make sure your phone's bluetooth is connected to the diagnostic tool) and it should start to read. The only thing that I did not like about this is that everything is in codes. I nor my husband are experienced mechanics so we had no idea what they meant and ended up having to google them. It does come with a set up cd as well, but it is a very small disc and may not work with all computers. I have an hp and it worked just fine in mine. This is in to have as it will save you money in the long run, but if you do not know what the codes mean, you will have to google them, I was allowed to test this for my thoughts good or bad. I did include a link if you would like to see it for yourself.

Diagnostic Tools link

No comments:

Post a Comment